Today we were totally out of cereal. Bret helped the kids come up with something to eat, I think having to do with eggs because this morning there was a skillet with some left over on the stove.
But then I climbed right back in that bed while Gavin sat next to me and watched TV for 2 hours.
I fought really hard to keep down a piece of toast.
I did not win.
I moved downstairs to the couch where I laid while trying to get Gavin to pick up toys that were spread across our back yard.
I thought about how I needed to clean my kitchen and organize things desperately.
None of which happened.
I did make it to get some blood work done which I was supposed to do two weeks ago.
I stopped to get some more cereal.
Came home and was completely worn out. It took all I had to make Gavin a PB&J, cut an apple in half and get him some chips for lunch before I once again crashed to a horizontal position.
My sweet visiting teaching companion called to tell me she was bringing dinner over tonight. She has no idea what a tender mercy that is not only to me but my family.
Now the kids are home. They've done their homework and fixed themselves a snack. McKenna is playing with Gavin. Abby is cleaning the kitchen that I never got to. I am still horizontal on the couch.
This is hard. So very worth it, but hard.
One of these days I'll start to feel a little more normal and a little more me. Hopefully sooner rather then later.
1 comment:
i wish i could bring you dinner! thank heavens for your cute visiting teaching companion. you can do this! we love you.
Post a Comment