Is it really true? Are you really THREE all ready? You're my baby and I just can't believe you're three, even though you've looked three for a long time now.
My baby who doesn't wear diapers any more. My baby who doesn't drink out of a sippy cup and hasn't for a long time now. My baby who still has a binky for nap time (although we said goodbye and threw them in the garbage today). My baby who wears the same helmet size as Abby. My baby who is wearing the clothes Zachary was last summer.
My baby who is not even a toddler any more. My baby who is a full fledged little boy.
Gavin I love you. Time is going by so fast and I know that in a blink of an eye you'll be off to kindergarten. All ready in a few short months you'll be going to preschool 6 hours a week.
There are a few things I want to capture about our lives together at this moment.
You love, love, love books. And I love reading to you because it is one of the few times when you sit still long enough to sit on my lap.
You are pure boy. You love guns, anything outside, cars, trucks and trains. Whenever we talk to family members you ask if they have lots of trains, cars, trucks and train tracks. If the answer is yes then your next question is if you can go to their house.
When someone asks you a question you always turn to me and ask me the same question, and then will turn and give the answer I give to you.
You are obsessed with being big. Anytime the subject comes up you stand up on your chair and raise your arms in the air for dramatic effect.
You love to be by my side all day long. Yes, there are moments and times when you will play by yourself, but the majority of the time is spent with me. This has made it for a difficult second year. You need to be constantly engaged and stimulated. Sometimes I feel like I'm in enrolled in parenting 505 with you as I'm sure learning a lot of patience.
You talk in a very deep voice when you are angry and say things like, "I will shoot you in the eye."
You've got McKenna's toughness and are tough as nails. Often never a cry when you fall and hurt yourself.
You are the craziest kid during prayers and we've had a difficult time teaching you proper prayer behavior.
You are a sweet child in nursery. Ready to share, the first to help clean up, and your teachers love you.
You have never liked watching any TV or movies until recently. Now you like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Dora, Diego, and Chugington.
You are a man of routines. Every nap and every night I sing you "She'll Be Coming Round the Mountain," "I Am A Child of God," and "I Feel My Savior's Love." For the longest time only Daddy could sing you songs at night before bed, then it was me and now it is Zachary. Daddy is slowly making his way back in to your nighttime approval. You like to have an apple every day when you wake up from your nap.
You love to know the schedule of the day and what we have going on.
You are fiercely independent.
You love to empty the silverware from the dishwasher and always ask to clean too when the kids are doing their Saturday chores.
When you get in trouble you cry and call out for K K. You sure love her lots and lots. You are also always so quick to say sorry. I love this about you.
Your favorite color is pink. All your friends are girls. And you put headbands on and a
sk if you look pretty.
You love stories of Jesus whispered to you during the sacrament and ask for "Jesus secrets."
You love and have a special relationship with Sister Stephenson and Sister Zobrist. And I'm grateful that they both have a genuine love for you.
You love to jump on the trampoline with your siblings. I think it may very well may be your favorite thing to do.
You say "yeah" after just about everything. One of these days I'm going to count just how many times that word escapes those little lips of yours.
You have a sweet and tender relationship with Cole, the little boy I've been watching. You miss him on days he's not here.
You love to do yard work and mow the lawn with Daddy.
You have become quite the talker. A year ago we were all praying for you to find your words. Now you talk and talk and talk and talk. And I'm grateful.
Gavin you are so precious. You have a special place in our hearts and we love you. Our family wouldn't be complete without you. I've been reflecting these last couple of days on how hard it was getting you here safely. Those were difficult months of my life. But they were more then worth it! I would do it all over again in a heart beat to have you.
Happy Birthday buddy!
Love,
Mom
1 comment:
That was so nice Em. How does Bret feel about his favorite color being pink? and wearing headbands? I was laughing out loud while i was reading those, thinking of the expression on bret's face when he asks, do i look pretty? :) i think it's so great. I can't wait to see him and everyone in a few short months!
Post a Comment