Two weeks ago we had a great little over night get a way to Great Wolf Lodge in Williamsburg. We had an absolute blast swimming and sliding to our hearts content. Favorites included the wave pool, surf zone and the howling tornado. I only managed to get shots of McKenna and Zachary surfing...but every member of our family did this...including Gavin!!! (I do have to add that when he fell they turned the water off and then he didn't know what to do with himself and Abby had to walk in the middle to go get him. The attendant turned to me and said, "Will you please not let him do this again.") I came away from the surf zone with the award for most improved. The first time it's easy to say I made a fool of myself but then I got the hang of it and was even rolling with the board the second day.

We swam for a few hours the next morning and then got ready and made our way to Colonial Williamsburg. We didn't do any of the tours but just walked around and enjoyed the beauty of it and the sunny weather.


The kids played in the stocks.

I made a discovery about myself...I LOVE old glass. I never really knew that before. I love the way it plays with light and reflections. The girls got a little tired of me pointing out lovely windows.

Virginia's first Capital
On the way back to the car we stopped to pet the horses.
It's a place we definitely want to go back to...and being only 2 hours away we're excited to do it again sometime.
1 comment:
I was there EXACTLY a year ago! and I took a lot of the same pictures...I think they're on my blog. Love you.
Post a Comment