Springtime makes me happy and makes me sneeze.
Gavin likes to play Mario Kart on the Wii...and he's actually good at it. It's pretty funny to watch.
McKenna likes a boy...and that boy likes her right back. mmmm...definitely not a fan of this one. Thankfully she knows she is too young to have a boyfriend.
Abby likes a boy too...but she's too shy to even say more then five words to him.
One of Zachary's teacher told me a couple of weeks ago that he has been blessed with many gifts. And I thought wow, I love that she used to term "blessed." And she's right, he has.
Bret was watching the Florida game last Saturday afternoon and in walked Gavin who said, "GO JIMMER! GO JIMMER! GO JIMMER!" Not all basketball is Jimmer basketball buddy.
For the first time in my life I am consistent with exercise. I've gotten past the hate stage and I actually really enjoy it now. Who would have thought? Thank you P90X.
Abby never remembers to hang up her jacket. McKenna never remembers to bring in her shoes and socks from outside.
Spring season of sports is upon us and that makes for busy week days and busy Saturdays. Each week we've got two t-ball games, soccer practice and a soccer game, two ballet classes, piano lessons, sometimes Activity Days...and I know I'm just at the starting line of this stage of life.
Bret's elbow is hurting him daily.
Abby has really developed into a beautiful, graceful and flexible ballet dancer. Its fun to see the growth in her.
Gavin and his best friend Claire Evans really have a genuine love for each other. It makes me smile to see them together.
My favorite platter got broken this morning when a bottle of wine that was given to me got knocked over on it. :( Why was that wine given to me...I hosted a neighborhood book group last night and didn't serve alcohol but when it is given to me as hostess gift, even when they know we don't drink, I put a smile on my face and say, "Thank you."
Gavin is potty training. Yesterday he threatened me in a mean growl to put his diaper back on him or he was going to poop on my floor.
Bret is swamped. With project after project after project after project (with any luck will turn into publications), on top of classes, on top of being EQ Pres., on top of his comprehensive exams which are in TWO months!!!
I've been watching a little boy the last two months and am watching him through the end of May. He is a sweetheart and good little 18 month old. It's been a blessing in our lives but I really enjoy Thursdays when I don't have him and it's just me and Gavin again. We fill those days with story time at the library, lunch with the kids at school, and other things that make us happy.
Gavin is still napping. It means he is up till at least 9:30 every night in his room signing very loudly. But I just can't give up those naps. I need them too much. And at night he doesn't come out of his room so I say why not still have a few hours of quiet during the day?!
Zachary is writing a chapter book in Kindergarten. His teacher called me yesterday to tell me about it. It's about a magic wand he finds in his Grandma's back yard. She said he's going to be a famous author some day.
I'm working on a massive project for senior primary. I'm creating file folders of a time line of the Savior's life. The teachers copy is complete with all the different references to the events. I will be happy never to see sticky velcro again.
Bret is my Captain Elliot. (I just finished reading These is My Words again for book group.) He brought me flowers last week and wrote me the most thoughtful and sweetest letter just because.
I'm already starting to dread our drive out West this summer for family reunions.
Zachary is in the highest reading tub bin in his classroom, level "M." Pretty soon the teacher is going to have to go to the literacy room to find books for him to read.
McKenna continues to be a social butterfly. Abby continues to be perfectly content with her one best friend.
We get to watch BYU in the sweet 16 tonight!
3 comments:
Love the random updates! Look for Bo, Robert, and Paul at the game tonight -- they took a last minute boys trip to New Orleans!
um didn't think twice about you having a bottle of wine but think the way you got it is funny. i would have loved to have seen gaving threaten you with pooping on the floor. i wish we could see one of abby's recitals. i'm dreading your drive out to ut too, and mine. i remember seeing mckenna talk about her crush in tx and can't get that smiley, blushing face out of my head. and i think zachary is ALREADY a great author even if all his works aren't written down, he's such a good story teller. :) I love you guys! Oh and for Bret, it will all be over soon, and hopefully his elbow is included with that. :)
I LOVE this look at your daily life - it makes me miss you guys!
p.s. I'm reading "Chains" by Laurie Halse Anderson. You would like it - historical fiction. She also wrote "Fever 1793" that is good too.
Post a Comment