Monday, February 7, 2011

Gavin's Playhouse

Back in December I alluded to a gift I was making for Gavin for Christmas that I was supper excited about...well here it is! A playhouse table topper made out of felt. A group of five friends went in on this project together, each making 3 or 4 different items in a mass production type way. I LOVE the way it turned out, not bad for a non-sewer like me. It's so cute and I really enjoyed the time I spent sewing and creating.

Front:
*The door opens and closes as well as the mail box...somehow the mail box has become the way to pass cars in and out.

I love the window box filled with flowers that can come in and out and the shutters with a "C".
The back: the carrots come in and out as well as the lettuce leaves and corn husks.
My favorite in the garden is the corn...
One end:
The leaves and apples on the tree come on and off and can be placed in the basket. It's also a four seasons tree with snow flakes for winter, flowers for spring and fall colored leaves for fall.
The other end:
Gavin loves the dog house to go in and out of and ironically so does Sadie.

Gavin loves it and gets so exited every time we pull out "his house" to play with.

7 comments:

alisha said...

Soooooo cute! I love it!

Jen said...

I L-O-V-E this!!!!!!

Barrett family said...

That is so darling.

Lindsey said...

This is so awesome. You'll have to tell me how you split up the assignments. I would love to make one of these for our family.

Jacob said...

That is adorable, Em! So fun! I want one!

mom c said...

Wow Em, very impressive!

mom c said...

Wow Em, very impressive!