Friday, July 9, 2010

Our Own Little Alien

We had a could-be scary incident this week....not my finest parenting moment.

Gavin and Zachary were out front of my parents house playing one morning, not an unusual occurrence. Sometime later, not sure how long, the door bell rings and I go to answer it and see a lady from my parents ward and Gavin at the door.

I think to myself, oh, she's here to see my parents and Gavin walked her to the door when he saw her heading that way. I open the door and she asks, "is this one yours, I just found him down on foothill drive."

Heart stop!

Gavin had wondered down the street and around the corner and I didn't even know he was missing!

Thank heavens this kind grandma was driving by, saw him, and helped him find his way home. She didn't know who he belonged to and start asking him questions. She asked him where he was from and he looked up, pointed to the sky and said, "MOON!! MOON!!" (ha ha)

The only other words she was able to get out him were "Grandma's house." He was able to lead the way and show her where that was thank goodness.

So there you have it...I didn't even know my child had wondered off, he was found in the middle of the road and brought back safely! Grateful he's OK, returned and safe. Grateful someone above was watching out for him!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

aww! Gavin! I'm glad he's safe. What a smart boy to know where Grandma's house is and to lead her back! haha and that was so cute about the moon!

Brookel said...

wow, that's scary even if you didn't know in the first place. glad everything is fine. see you guys soon!