She has never been on a swim team before, and in her words she was "freaking out." She didn't know what to expect and hadn't even had a real practice yet.
But she was AWESOME!!
She swam the backstroke and took second place:
She swam the breaststroke and not only took first place but received an "A Time" which I was told that if she was on a year round competitive team would have qualified her for state!
And she swam in a freestyle relay, her team taking first place:
Just look at that long body (those other girls she's standing by are 8 years old too!)
WAY TO GO ABBY!
She was so proud of herself. I was so proud of her and happy for her. She loved the fact that we were there cheering her on. It was so great for her to have such a sense of accomplishment. Driving back home afterwards she said, "I finally have a sport!"





1 comment:
Hooray for Abby! I'm so happy she was finally able to do swim team - and that she "finally has a sport." :) What an awesome first meet - I'm excited to see what she does after she actually practices.
Post a Comment