Monday, June 7, 2010

One More Week...

...until we hit the road again!

We'll be driving a total of 6,334 miles. Yep, that's six thousand, three hundred and thirty four miles.

But what does all that mileage, that wear and tear on our car, the screaming and yelling of Gavin, and endless watching of movies provide us with...

SIX whole weeks of extended family fun. Cousins, Aunts and Uncles, Grandmas and Grandpas. And we couldn't be more excited.

There's not that much to do to get ready for our departure.... (ha ha)

As of this morning my list consisted of the following.
  • get teacher gifts
  • return several items
  • pick up summer work books
  • pick up some summer reading for the girls
  • host last day of school root-beer float party
  • attend McKenna's Author Share at school
  • end of year class parties
  • presidency meeting
  • pull together one more sharing time
  • get church things squared away before we leave
  • clean out fridge
  • clean out pantry
  • clean house
  • speach therapy for Gavin
  • create packing list for five people and a dog
  • pack for five people and a dog (thankfully there are no clothes involved for Sadie!)
  • pick up food for the trip
  • laundry
  • pack a separate bag for our week of traveling across the country
  • give house key to a friend
  • make a drop off at Good Will
  • give Sadie a bath and her monthly medicine
  • order Sadie's vitamins
  • take 3 kids to dentist appointments
  • take girls to get hair cuts
  • T-ball closing award ceremonies
  • T-ball swim party
  • get McKenna to a birthday party
  • get Abby to activity days
  • take Sadie to the vet (I think her incision may be infected)
  • go peach picking
  • go visiting teaching
  • watch a friends little girl
  • pay bills

And on top of all this the normal day to day life of family...only Bret is out of town all week and I'm in single parent mode. It's right about now that I'm really wishing I was a person who could function on 5 or even 6 hours of sleep. But no, I'm an 8 hour girl or we all suffer.

One more week of craziness and list checking...and then it's SUMMER! And the kids will be all mine! There will be no set schedules to keep, no alarm clocks. There will be late summer nights, days by the pool, working towards goals, beach time, reading, some school work, fun Friday field trips, new adventures, and have I mentioned family to see?!!

Oh yah, we're excited around here.

1 comment:

Jules said...

I know the feeling!!! So true! Hey, we will be in Utah from 6/30-7/9. Just me & the 3 youngers. But I would love to see you! Hannah will be so sad she's not there, but she'll be @ grammas in CA. I'll call you! Or you call me!