Not my best day.
Splitting headache all day long.
Tired.
Zero patience.
I hear the words and the tone I'm using as I'm speaking to my children. I KNOW better. Yet even me knowing better doesn't change things.
And then Abby says, "Mom, for my act of service today I'm going to give you a head massage for your headache."
While I'm laying down with my head in her lap Zachary is as busy as a bee picking up toys and putting them away for his secret acts of service.
And then McKenna comes down with lotion, takes off my socks and gives me a wonderful foot massage.
I'm telling you...undeserved kindness. Undeserved love. I laid there thinking how I had been a bear of a mother and yet they turned the other check, loved and served me.
Grateful for the valuable lesson they taught me today.
1 comment:
Cute kids! It is because they have been taught well. Lucky, lucky you. :)
Post a Comment