- Obviously Gavin. We are so grateful that he is OK, with us, and there are no long term effects from the seizure. We knew the source of his fever was a double ear infection (I had been to the pediatrician earlier in the day.) That saved us from doing unpleasant tests such as a spinal tap. His fever broke yesterday and he is starting to feel better. In the future Bret and I really need to watch his fevers and start treating them even at 99. Febrile Seizures happen to 3% of children. Even though he has had this one doesn't mean he will have any more, but he could be more prone to them. That is something the doctors just don't know.
- We were home from our trip. I am SO grateful that this happened when we were home from our trip and here with him.
- He was with us and I was holding him when it happened. He is normally in bed at 7:30 at the latest every night. But he wasn't feeling well and Bret and I just had him with us. He had been sleeping on Bret's chest when we were watching a little T.V. Bret passed him to me to go put him in his bed and that's when I felt how warm he was. I went downstairs, gave him some medicine and brought the thermometer to take his temperature. I am so grateful I was holding him and he wasn't asleep in his crib.
- The other three kids did not wake up. Nothing less then a miracle. With Bret and I running past their open bedroom doors, me screaming and hysterical, sirens from about 5 emergency vehicles and 9 paramedics coming into our homes our children slept through the whole thing. I am so grateful for that because seeing Gavin as he was would have been very traumatic for them.
Life is so precious. Nothing like an experience like this to put everything else into perspective. Gavin we love you. You will always hold a very special place in our hearts.
6 comments:
You guys have not had the best couple of weeks in regards to medical problems. Hope all is well now.
How scary!! I'm so glad everything is ok!! Let me know if you need any help. What a blessing that you were home from your trip and that you were holding him in your arms. I can't even imagine!
My heart would have stopped. That is frightening. I'm so glad Gavin is o.k.
looks like when it rains it pours over there in texas. hope you can all get back to normal SOON. we missed you this past weekend :(
Oh my, how scary! I am sorry that you guys had to go through that, but so glad that it ended up ok.
What a great perspective you guys have.
This post brought tears to my eyes. I'm so sorry about the many hard things you guys have faced lately but glad everyone's okay! Poor little Gavin! You guys are in our prayers!
Post a Comment