Friday, March 13, 2015

Sunday Help

I love to cook for my family.  It's something I find fulfillment and joy in.  It's a creative outlet for me.

I especially enjoy cooking nice big Sunday meals.

But I don't like spending all day Sunday alone in my kitchen.  

So this year I instituted a Sunday helper.  It was genius!

Each week one child is responsible for helping me with Sunday dinner from start to finish.  What this means is that not only am I getting help preparing the meal but I am getting valuable one on one time with each of my kids.  That's what I love most.  We talk, laugh and share with each other as we cook.  I'm also able to teach them different skills and how to follow recipes.  With my girls I'm able to hand them a recipe and say, "here, make this for me."  With Zach and Gavin it's a little more hands on as we work together.  

Here is Zach making Chicken Parmesan.  

Yep, Sunday Helper's...it's pretty awesome.

1 comment:

dogoodbegoodbecomebetter said...

I wish I would have done something like this....you are such a good mom!