Monday, February 25, 2013

Abby The Volleyball Player

Abby came home the beginning of February close to tears.  And of all the reasons why, it was because she made the middle school volleyball team.  She said "the only reason I tried for it was because I knew that you and Dad wanted me to do it.  And I'm so busy as it is.  If I have some free time I want to spend it with my family or reading, not doing volleyball!"  She was very upset and said there was a big wait list of kids that wanted to do it.  

I told her it was only for 8 weeks.  I thought she needed to give it a try and if she didn't like it she didn't have to do it again next year.  And then I held my breath and prayed that she would enjoy it.

Last week she had her first game.  Not only did she do great, but she really loved it!  As we were leaving the gym she said, "That was so much fun!"  She even came home and the first thing she did was check my calendar to see when her next game was.  And I even heard a moan of disappointment escape her when she realized there were only four games total.  

I for one, am the happiest mom in the bleachers cheering her on!  I'm so happy that she is enjoying this and hope it's something that she's able to continue with.  Her first game she scored the first point for her team and ended up scoring a total of 8 points!  The next time at practice she even got moved up to the next team.
Looking forward to game two next week!

No comments: