That's how long it takes McKenna to run a quarter of a mile.
She is FAST!!!!
In her words she has told us, "I'm famous because I can run so fast." We smiled and laughed to ourselves.
This week they were timed again so the school could form teams for a city wide relay race. She was two seconds slower then the fastest boy in second grade, making her the second fastest in second grade and fastest girl. The school is forming two teams so she gets to be on one of the teams. Each team has an 6, 7, 8 and 9 year old on it.
Yesterday I happened to be at school and saw a first grade teacher I know. She stopped me and said, "I heard about McKenna's time. Is she going to do the dash?" I started laughing and repeated the words of McKenna that she was "famous." The teacher stopped, grabbed my arm, and said, "Oh yes, she really is. She is the talk of the halls from first grade all the way up to fifth grade. The first graders are saying, 'Did you hear McKenna Crane is only two seconds slower then Joseph and faster then most the fifth graders?' and the fifth graders are saying, 'Did you hear about that girl in second grade who can run so fast?'"
I just had to laugh. I guess McKenna was right.
And there you have it, fame in elementary school!
2 comments:
That's a BIG deal. I'm a FAMOUS elementary school teacher, so I know that when kids talk, it's a huge deal. Congrats McKenna! Can she teach Sofia??
Way to go McKenna! Show all those upper graders what's up. Em what happened to the first Post title? And btw my confirmation word was vomet! :)
Post a Comment